Monday, November 5, 2007

My Trip to A New World



Here's Michaella's interpretation of the assignment on pretending to be a turkey on her turkey farm. Enjoy!

When I was in an egg, it felt hot and sticky. All I heard was a little peeping noise. It was too cramped and I had to get out of that turkey egg! So I started to peck at the egg wall. I was almost out but I was so tired that I had to take a nap. When I woke up, I started to peck at the shell and I heard a big crack. Then I was free from the egg at last.

As I laid there beside my shell, all wet and weak, I fell asleep. When I opened my eyes, I was soft, fluffy and dry. A giant came and moved me to a box with several of my friends. All I heard was the giant talking and I felt the box jiggle. Then the giant moved the box to the sorting room and sorted us into two boxes, one for hens and one for toms. Then we were put on a huge truck.

Inside the truck it smelled different than inside my egg. My egg home was clean and cozy. The truck home is dirty from all my friend’s poop. I sure hope I get off this truck soon.

It was a long trip because the giant that was driving the truck kept stopping. Outside the truck, I heard loud and scary sounds that rumbled and beeped. They sounded like monsters. Then I felt a jerk and the truck stopped, and the door opened. Another big giant picked up the box I was in and dumped me into a new world.

In my new world it is warm and dry. There is food and water for all of us to eat and drink. We have wiggly jiggly red stuff to peck and it tastes good. I have made lots of new friends in this new world and I love living here.

1 comment:

l.g.snyder said...

Great job! I really liked your story, and since I only know about chickens, not turkeys, I learned a lot about what life as a turkey might be like. Keep up the good work, girl!