Monday, November 5, 2007

A Poult's Life


Here is Addison's story based on the assignment that he was to pretend that he was a turkey on his farm. We hope you enjoy his efforts.

It’s crowded and hot in the truck and it can be quite bumpy. With all the other polts peeping in here it’s very noisy. There are many stops along the way. I can hear sounds of traffic and the heater that’s keeping us warm. I can see some lights out of the holes in this box. I smell stinky car fumes in the back of this truck and the cardboard under my feet feels weird because the cardboard is bumpy. The truck has stopped and I’m being taken into a gigantic barn. I wonder what will happen to me next.

Oh my gosh! I’m being dumped in a huge cardboard circle. There are so many of us in a big pile and it’s hard to get off my back. My feet are in the air and I can’t get up! A huge person flips me over so I’m back on my feet. There are soft and comfortable wood shavings all around me. There is food and water, and it is very clean. These heaters are nice to take a nap under and it’s very warm. There is very good and nutritious red jelly that wiggles when I peck at it.

Huge people wearing old dusty shirts and pants come every day and clean the cardboard circle with a long wooden arm with fingers on it. The fingers are taking the top layer of dirty shavings out of my cardboard circle leaving me a clean area to live in with my friends. The huge people also put in new water and food. My friends and I sometimes sleep in the food dishes and the huge people have to move us from it. Every two days the huge person moves the walls of our cardboard circle, then there is more room to run and explore in this huge barn. My yellow fuzzy feathers are turning into big white bird feathers. I try to fly and don’t get very high.

When the huge person comes in I go running to see him because I’m curious to see what he will do next. This farm will be a great place to grow up.

1 comment:

l.g.snyder said...

Awesome, Addison! It looks like you put a lot of work into writing this - and hopefully had some fun too. Now if someone gets turned into a turkey in Harry Potter, you'll be able to imagine what their life might be like!